Formation of Post and Telegraph museum or somehow, the first posts and telecommunication museum of the country goes back to 1923. In 1923 the first post museum of post and telegraph was patterned from specialized European museums and like other civilized countries of the world, all instruments related to post and telegraph were stored.
Venue of this museum was part of P.T.T Ministry building (Telegraph House) located on south side of former Toopkhane Square across fromMunicipality building now demolished.
Post office Bldg (currently Communication Museum) is one of the grand buildings of 1 st Pahlavi era, and Bagh-e-Melli Precinct. This building is located in Imam Khomeini (R.A) street, next to Bagh-e-Melli gateway in former military exercise fields. The building in 3 stories and 3 sections including Postal Parcels Sector (western wing), state posts (eastern wing) and Central Hall, (middle section). The Customs Postal Parcels with some 6000 sqm was changed to Posts Museum in 1369 (A.H) (1990) after thorough restoration and was renamed Posts and Telecommunication Museum in 2000.
In 2004 with regard to the renaming the Ministry of P.T.T to Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, the Museum was also renamed as Communication Posts and Telecommunication.